We believe that you will be thrilled with your Products but there may be occasions where you feel it necessary to return an item.
We aim to keep the process as simple as possible. If you’d like to know more about our hassle-free returns process, please click here.
You are entitled to cancel (either in whole or in part) any purchase without attracting any cancellation and/or administration charges if you cancel prior to the processing and packaging of the products purchased, and you effect such cancellation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If timeously cancelled as aforesaid, you will be fully refunded in respect of such cancelled purchase (including delivery charges), without any administrative or other charges being payable provided that, should a sale only be partially cancelled and delivery charges as re-calculated on the value of the revised order exceed the delivery charges as calculated on the original order, you shall be liable for the amount of such excess delivery charges. Items that are on SALE cannot be cancelled at all.
Late Delivery & Stock Shortages
If a product you have purchased is not delivered within the agreed delivery period (or where no specific period was agreed, within 30 days after having purchased the product) you are entitled to cancel such purchase with 7 days notice to Yuppie Gadgets. Should a product that you’ve ordered be out of stock we will notify you thereof, whereupon:
In the event of a temporary out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled either to cancel the order and be fully refunded, or to maintain the sale subject to a later delivery date as may be agreed;
In the event of a permanent out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled to be fully refunded as a result of cancellation of the sale by the seller.
Incorrect Product Delivered
If the incorrect product is delivered to you (i.e. it is not the product you ordered), please do not remove the product from its original packaging, open or use the product in any way. Please promptly contact Yuppie Gadgets so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such product from you and deliver the correct product to you, as quickly as possible.
Save for certain exceptions listed below, you are entitled, after your receipt of a product purchased by you, to cancel that purchase within the relevant Cooling Off Period of 7 days to obtain a full purchase price refund, subject to being charged for the courier/shipping/postage fee for the return of the product.
EXCEPTIONS: the aforesaid ability to cancel purchases of non-defective products will NOT apply in respect of the following types of products:
Books, magazines, newspapers and periodicals;
Audio or video recordings (ie CD’s or DVD’s) or computer software (ie computer games) which have been opened/un-sealed;
Foodstuffs, beverages or other goods intended for everyday consumption; and
Products which by reason of their nature cannot be returned (which include food, perishable items, personalised products and items of a personal nature).
Note that although you are entitled to ‘cool off’ and cancel your purchase as aforesaid, the product must be returned in the condition you received it and by following the procedure set out in the ‘Return & Refund Guide’. So, if you wish to return any non-defective product delivered to you for a refund as aforesaid, please do not remove the product from its original packaging and/or use or wear the Product.
If, within 6 months after delivery of a product –
you find that the product is defective/faulty, or unsuitable for the purpose for which it was indicated in the product description (or otherwise generally intended), or not legal, or not reasonably durable (based on circumstances and product type) (hereinafter referred to as being “Defective”); and you return such product to the seller in the manner set out in the‘Return & Refund Guide’ section (being the ONLY manner in which returns will be accepted by Yuppie Gadgets);
and the product is subsequently found –
- to indeed be Defective, you are entitled to either (a) have the product repaired or replaced at Yuppie Gadgets expense, or (b) be fully refunded;
- NOT to be Defective, you will not be entitled to any refund, or free replacement or repair, and you will be liable for the costs incurred in having such product collected from and returned back to you. Please note that if these costs are not made within 3 months of being notified, the product will be sold to defray storage costs.
Please note: The warranty for any product is not transferable; the guarantee is valid for the original purchaser only and will expire when that customer resells the product. Customers who wish to resell products must open a wholesale account with Yuppie Gadgets.
When is a Product Defective?
Please note that the following issues/problems will NOT render the product damaged, defective or unsuitable as aforesaid and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund:
- Faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- Where you, or someone unauthorised to do so by the seller, has altered, repaired or damaged the product (via misuse or abuse). IMPORTANT: you should refuse to accept delivery of any product which is visibly damaged, and if you only discover the damage after the courier has left (eg a cracked glass), please let us know ASAP by emailing email@example.com within 2 working days of delivery.;
- Where a toy is not suitable for your child because of his/her age, but the toy is only suitable for children over a certain age, as may be expressly indicated, or reasonably obvious from the nature of the toy;
- Where an item of clothing does not fit you because your measurements do not accord with the item’s size (ie you have incorrectly estimated/measured your size) or a piece of furniture doesn’t fit into your room because you have incorrectly estimated/measured the size;
- Where the colour of a product does not precisely match the colour thereof as depicted on the Website, given that the way colours reflect in product photographs on the Site is dependent on the photographic lighting that was used as well as your computer screen colour and contrast settings etc;
- Electronic hardware or software (including computer games) purchased by you which are not compatible with your operating system and/or existing hardware . Consequently, before purchasing any electronic hardware or software, please confirm that same is compatible with your existing hardware and operating system. System requirements are usually available on the manufacturer’s website.
- Damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product as per manual/instructions.
If you want to return a product you have purchased from Yuppie Gadgets for any reason permitted under this Refund and Returns Policy, you must in all instances first notify Yuppie Gadgets thereof to inform us of the reason for your return by contacting us via email. Once you have successfully logged your return as aforesaid, Yuppie Gadgets will arrange to collect the package from the address you supplied on your order. The collection must be confirmed by you within 7 days. Should you fail to confirm the collection within 7 days, you will then have to arrange your own courier (at your own cost) to collect the product from you and deliver to us. You must ensure that the product to be collected by the courier is packed so as to comply with the following:
- the product is properly protected i.e in a box that is secure so that the product is completely protected against any damage during transit (exactly how it was received by you from us);
- Kindly Note that products that are damaged during transit due to poor packaging will not be accepted and the return will be rejected.
- save where being returned due to being Defective, the product is still in its original packaging, together with all accessories, instructions and documentation (if any), and in perfect condition for the purposes of resale (ie the product must not be damaged, scratched, soiled, and in the case of electronic hardware, the adhesive screen covers must not have been removed); and
- Order Number is accurately reflected in/on the parcel
Yuppie Gadgets is not able to accept the return of any products which have not gone through the above process. Products returned without the above procedure being followed may be sent back to you at your expense. Please treat products and packaging with reasonable care while in your possession. Nothing herein detracts from any right Yuppie Gadgets may have to hold you liable for any damage you cause to a product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall be effected by processing the refund against your credit card, EFT or Voucher at the discretion of Yuppie Gadgets.
This Refund and Returns Policy regulates the extent to which you may cancel your purchases made on the Website and be refunded therefor, either before or after having received the product, as well as what your remedies are if the product you received is defective. It also explains the process you need to follow in order to properly cancel a purchase, report a defect, arrange for a return etc. You are not entitled to any refund, repair or replacement save to the extent that it is expressly provided for under this Refund Policy or if the seller of the product, in its sole discretion and without being obliged thereto, chooses to give you a refund, repair or replacement.