Our Commitment to you.
Who We Are
Any personal information provided to or gathered by www.yuppiegadgets.co.za is controlled by Yuppie Stuff Online cc (“Yuppie Gadgets”, “We”, “Us), a company registered in South Africa (Reg. No. 2010/093008/23), with a registered office at Unit 11, Oval Park, 17th Avenue, Maitland, Cape Town, South Africa.
What Information We Collect
When you place an Order or otherwise interact with the www.yuppiegadgets.co.za website, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to Us (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use.
Some examples of how information may be collected by us:
• Information You Provide Us: we receive and store information that you submit when using our website or that you provide us in any other way (for example by email or telephone). This information may be provided when ordering from us (via our website or by telephone); searching our website; entering competitions; accessing your account; querying order status; or by submitting text/photo/video reviews of us and our products.
• Information Automatically Provided: we receive, process and store certain information whenever you interact with our website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” (see below) and obtain certain information automatically when your Web browser accesses the www.yuppiegadgets.co.za website. Information automatically received by us includes the IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system and internet connection details; purchase history (which we may aggregate with other shoppers to form the “Yuppie Gadgets Top 10″); clickstream/path analysis of your journey through our website; products you searched for.
• Email Communications: to help us make our email newsletter more useful and interesting for our customers we attempt to receive a confirmation when you open and click on email newsletters from www.yuppiegadgets.co.za (if your email software/service supports this option). If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
• Telephone Calls: From time to time we monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service to you.
• Information from 3rd Parties: we may receive information about you from other sources and add this to our account information. For example we update address information using data from third parties, which we may use to correct our records and deliver your next catalogue to the correct updated address.
How We Use This Information
1. Information is kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
2. Process and deliver your Order;
3. Provide Customer Support services to you;
4. Provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
5. Help prevent fraud;
6. Verify your age, in the event you are purchasing age-restricted;
7. Open and run your Yuppie Gadgets customer account;
8. Administer prize draws;
9. Provide a more personal shopping experience.
10. By making an Order and/or submitting your data to us you agree to this use.
Your safety is guaranteed because www.yuppiegadgets.co.za uses the latest security measures to protect your details when you shop with us. Our credit card submission pages are hosted on a secure server provided by PayU, South Africa’s leading online payment service provider. All sensitive data submitted online through the secure server conforms to international 256 bit SSL3 encryption requirements.
As a security measure to both the card holder as well as www.yuppiegadgets.co.za, when an order total exceeds R1000 in some cases or on first order with us, you may be contacted and asked to verify some information before an order is dispatched.
You may be asked to fax/email the following information:
1. Copy of your South African ID book.
2. Signed Copy of the order.
3. Credit Card Statement displaying the transaction from the store.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this verification process.
We never store your credit card information.
Who Else May See Your Data
In order to complete your order we may need to disclose some of your information to our delivery partners including Fastway, MDS, DHL, Fedex and South African Postal Services and their affiliates.
If you order a product marked “Direct Despatch” then we will need to pass your delivery information to our manufacturers as they will be shipping directly to you.
If you order personalised products which are made to order based on information that you provide, then we will need to provide this information (including delivery details) to our manufacturers for the purpose of creating the personalised product to your specification.
Marketing Communications – Yuppie Gadgets
When ordering from Yuppie Gadgets, entering competitions or otherwise interacting with us we may give you the chance to subscribe to our email newsletter. We promise not to bombard you with emails – to make it worth your while we only get in touch when we truly have interesting news to share.
If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter or by clicking here.
We may also from time to time send you the Yuppie Gadgets Catalogue by post to the invoice address specified when placing your order. If you do not wish to receive further catalogues, contact us here.
Marketing Communications – 3rd Party
Yuppie Gadgets will not pass your information on to third parties unless you give us your consent – either at the time of providing the information to us, or previously if we have already received consent from you.
In Order to improve our service we may use a device known as a ‘cookie’. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your Internet activity (such as whether you have visited www.yuppiegadgets.co.za before) is recorded on your hard drive and used by us to improve www.yuppiegadgets.co.za and the products and services available to you.
Customer Service Contact
You may resolve any issues that concern your interaction with www.yuppiegadgets.co.za by:
• Email; or
• Post at Yuppie Gadgets, PO Box 671, Green Point, 8051, South Africa
• Fax to +27 21 593 5511; or
• Telephoning +27 557 9958 (click here for office hours).