Observe and record the weather with your own multi-functional Weather Station Kit!
The Weather Station Kit features a wind vane and anemometer, as well as a thermometer and a rain gauge. It also allows you to create a terrarium in a bottle. What is great about the Weather Station Kit is that it teaches kids not only about the climate but also about the scientific approach: kids collect data on the weather and they analyze it in order to determine trends, patterns correlations, and draw conclusions.
For example, kids could determine that there is an increase in wind speed before a heavy rain. Or they could find a negative correlation between wind speed and temperature. The Weather Station Kit also teaches kids about the green house effect. A little cup is provided that kids use to grow a plant. An instruction book with lots of helpful information about meteorology and the weather is also provided.
- Kit allows you to create your own multi-functional weather station
- Comes with a wind vane, thermometer, rain gauge, anemometer and thermometer; also lets you build your own terrarium
- Includes detailed instruction manual that helps with assembly and serves as a learning aid with info for a lesson plan
- Requires 0.5 or 1 liter soda bottle with screw thread and small crosshead screwdriver for use (not included)
- Excellent for classroom lessons, as a science project or as a small gift
- Recommended for ages 8 and older