The Grow Your Own Ghost Chilli is the hottest purchase you will ever make.
This is for your chilli-loving friend, who defiantly sprinkles Tabasco sauce all over their eggs. How about something that is certified as being 400 times hotter than Tabasco? This cool and compact grow your own chilli kit contains everything they need, bar a little bit of water and sunshine, to grow the famed ‘Ghost Chilli’, one of the hottest little peppers ever discovered.
In 2007, the Guinness Book of World Records certified this little beast as being the hottest chilli in the world at over 1 million Scoville heat units. Hailing from the state of Assam in India, the Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Chilli) is a fiery fiend that remains one of the spiciest plants known to humans today.
When they receive their tin, the recipient just has to pop the lid and then gently place the included seeds under the soil, watering them gently for the first time. When situated in direct sunlight, the seeds will then begin to germinate and, with regular watering, grow into a chilli plant that really bears fruit. Within a couple of months, the chillis should be ready to harvest, but should be treated with the respect that they deserve.
- It’s a little chilli… but very hot!
- Netflix and chilli anyone?
- Handle with care
- Tin contains seeds and soil – just add sun and water
- Chilli is Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Chilli)
- One of the hottest chillies in the world
- Over 1,000,000 Scoville heat units – 400 times hotter than Tabasco sauce
- Plant grows in around 2 months
- Remove chilli from can when it’s 10 cm tall and repot with good quality compost
- Do not consume whole
- Do not touch without gloves
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Wash hands thoroughly after preparation
- Not suitable for children